When an overbooking occurs you will receive an email alert and a message will also be displayed on the booking details page.
The overbooking message shows what was requested (room type, number of guests, dates, etc). Compare that information with the current booking content to find out the problem and what is missing. Usually no room was available, or the room was not available for the full date range.
If you are able to accommodate the guests:
- Manually add rooms to the booking, either of the requested room type, or an equivalent one.
- Mark the overbooking as resolved.
If you are not able to accommodate the guests:
- Contact the booking channel as soon as possible and explain the situation. Sirvoy cannot contact the booking channel for you.
- If the booking channel agrees to cancel the booking or modify the dates, it will automatically be updated once the update is received in Sirvoy.
- Cancelling the booking in Sirvoy will not change the booking status in the booking channel. If the booking needs to be cancelled this has to be initiated from the booking channel.
- Your agreement with the booking channel may require that you find alternative accommodation.
- If you contact the guest directly with an alternative offer, the guest might agree to cancel or modify the booking through the booking channel.
The reasons for overbookings can vary. If you get many overbookings, have questions, or need guidance on how to avoid similar issues in the future, please contact our support team. The related articles on this page can also provide more useful information.