Follow these simple steps to add “event tracking” to the booking engine using Google Analytics:
- First find your Google Analytics tracking code, as described here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032385?hl=en
- Then go to Sirvoy under Settings -> Booking engine -> Manage booking engines and click “Edit”.
Enter your tracking code under “Google Analytics ID” and save.
- You will now be able to track guest behavior in Google Analytics (from days date), under “Reports -> Behaviour -> Events -> Overview. Choose “Event action”.
The following events are tracked:
- page_search – indicates a visit on the search form of the booking engine
- page_results – indicates a visit on the result page where the prices and rooms are displayed
- page_details – indicates that the guest visited the guest details input form
- page_payment – indicates that the guest is visiting the page with the option to pay at the external payment provider, and is viewing the provider’s payment option page. (This is the last event registered for most bookings if you are using a provider that forces the user to leave your page.)
- page_confirmation – indicates that the guest has successfully paid, either without leaving the booking engine (such as when using Stripe) or via an external payment provider’s page, and then has clicked on the link “return to merchant”.
For users who pay via the external payment provider’s page, this is not always done by the guest, so this event can be expected to be triggered very rarely in those cases. (Using Stripe as payment option may therefore be a beneficial choice if you want this event to be triggered.)